Last year our family made a big cut out tree and put it on our refrigerator and each day we wrote a new thing for which we were thankful and added it to our tree. This year, we didn’t put the tree up, but each day I’ve found myself thinking of that tree – which was just made of scrapbook paper and tape – and mentally placing my Thankful leaves on that tree. These are just a few of the things that I am thankful for right now. Be forewarned! If your looking for something deep to read, stop now! It doesn’t take much for me to get excited over, aka., “thankful” over. Also, these are not in any particular order, except for the first three!
1. My relationship with God. It’s in a sweeter place than it’s been in months. Don’t be fooled to think that I’m living on a mountaintop all the time, but my heart is fuller, and I see Him more as my best friend everyday.
2. Jeff. My best friend on earth. My most trustworthy friend. Lover. My laughter. My heart. (We’ll be celebrating our 15th anniversary soon).
3. McKenna, Bailey, Avery and Quinn. 4 girls that light up my world!
4. LifeSong – not just a name of a church, but a representation of GOD’s church. Today I’m especially grateful for a church that is meeting a need to feed the hungry in our community by giving away free Thanksgiving meals to ANYONE in need in our area.
5. Cold weather and sweaters. This is my favorite time of year.
6. Christmas lights. Christmas trees. Egg nog. Peppermint Mochas.
7. My house.
8. My extended family
9. Friendships from all over the world.
10. My past. No story here. I’m really thankful to have grown up overseas and how it has made me who I am. I wasn’t always thankful for this.
11. Sleep. The older I get, the more thankful I am for a full night’s rest! Can I get an AMEN?!!
12. Thankful to be able to add to this list as I look around me and see that there is more to be thankful for when I take time to notice and to listen.
What are you thankful for today?